Saturday, September 12, 2015

Day Out: Chestnut Centre

Hello again!

Apologies for the long silence, but things have been really hectic here.

I spent another month (plus two weeks) excavating and supervising a trench at Thornton Abbey.

My parents and sister came for a short visit, which cured some of my homesickness for a time.

And then I was plunged head-first into dissertation madness. It was a rough month, but I managed to get the whole thing written and turned in on time and now I get to sit back and relax for a while!


To treat ourselves for a job well done, Jack and I ventured out into the cold and rain (its only September England - get it together!) today to visit the Chestnut Centre in the Peak District.




 |driving through the peak district has been one of my favorite things to do in England|


The Chestnut Centre is a wildlife park in the Peak District that houses a really friendly herd of deer, some foxes, a few of the (endangered) Scottish Wildcats, lots of different owls and of course my whole reason for going...OTTERS.










|they just roam around and you can feed them and pet them|


|i got to pet one of the deer!|


I. Love. Otters. Seriously. I think they are just the cutest things on Earth. I can waste literally hours watching videos of otters playing and sleeping (they hold hands when they sleep!) on YouTube. 
So, obviously, I had to take a million and one photos of the adorable otters at the Chestnut Centre. 











|kisses!|


|this is not even half of the photos I took...I'm obsessed|


Hope everyone had as great and adorable a day as I did! 


No comments:

Post a Comment